The junior and leaving certs can be such a stressful time for students. Even the most well prepared student can experience stress, sleeplessness, anxiety and panic . Worries such as forgetting everything, something coming up that you haven’t studied, CAO points and on and on. If this is you or your son or daughter here are some ideas and remedies that may help:
Stay hydrated – The brain is approx 85% water! Brain functions such as memory and concentration depend on the brain being properly hydrated.
Caffeine: caffeine intake increases levels of Cortisol which is a stress hormone. So cut down on caffeine intake.
Sugar: when blood sugar levels change too fast the body produces cortisol to help rectify this thus adding to our stress levels.
Exercise: Research has found that students who vigorously exercised for at least 20 minutes a day, three times a week reported better moods and lower stress.
Sleep: lack of sleep increases stress levels and make it difficult to concentrate and remember. There are lots of tips readily available on the internet to help develop healthy sleep patterns. Find what works for you.
Homeopathic Remedies for stress:
- Anticipatory anxiety, where the mind feels worn out from intense mental work.
- Study becomes inefficient through anxiety sometimes leading the person to forget/go blank.
- Heat – hot stuffy atmosphere makes you feel much worse.
- Feelings of panic
- Diarrhoea from anxiety.
- This remedy is marked by the presence of a heaviness, weariness and exhaustion from anxiety.
- Just wants to be left alone and be quiet.
- Paralysed with fear.
- Forgets everything through fear.
- Worry/anxiety from a lack of self confidence even though they are bright and well prepared.
Anxiety is more about the anticipation of the exam rather than the exam itself. When the time comes, despite the anxiety beforehand, they shine.
If you would like to discuss whether homeopathic treatment could help you have a look at my website www.homeopathyforhealth.ie or call me to discuss.
Gráinne Adams 086 2600893